We are currently hiring for the exciting role of Director of Development!
The Director of Development develops, coordinates and oversees the overall functions of the Development Department; Assists staff in securing and administering external funding for projects that fulfill the mission and strategic plans of the Museum; assists in prospecting and maintaining donor relationships; supports capital campaign activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Coordinate and oversee the Development Department.
- Assist Executive Director in coordination and administration for Museum capital campaigns.
- Manages databases for both general and capital campaign activities.
- Supervise the membership coordinator and provide general membership program over-site.
- Provide development mentorship to the membership coordinator and to interns working within the department.
- Develop and maintain department budget.
- Secure and administer external funding through grants, corporate sponsorships, memories programs, and develop additional programs.
- Research and publicize funding opportunities to staff.
- Develop and submit proposals for funding.
- Fulfill reporting requirements for funded proposals.
- Assist in training staff in grant development functions.
- Manage compliance including maintenance of required compliance documentation.
- Maintain complete and detailed donor records.
- Review unsuccessful proposals to determine revisions or other funding opportunities.
- Work closely with Executive Director prospecting new donors, as well as establishing and maintaining donor relationships.
- Develop fundraising matrix.
- Complete tasks developed within the strategic plan related to the development department.
- Develop and maintain an estate and long term giving program.
- Provide leadership in the development of an endowment fund.
- Interface with relevant Board committees and provide reports as requested.
- Oversee the planning, coordinate and execution of the Rails and Ales Brewfest fundraising event.
- Oversee Membership Coordinator and membership activities.
- Participate in Museum-wide events including The Great Bunny Train, A Day Out with Thomas, Terror on the Fox, The Great Pumpkin Train, Volunteer Dinner, Festival of Trees Preview, the Annual Membership event, Polar Express, and others as requested.
- Coordinate and work development-focused events such as corporate-sponsored free days, special dinners, and other fundraising events.
- Function as the Manager on Duty, working one weekend every six weeks.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 24. Interested candidates may email cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Jacqueline Frank, at email@example.com, or mail to:
National Railroad Museum
2285 S Broadway
Green Bay, WI 54304