The National Railroad Museum is now accepting applications for the position of Education Assistant.
SUMMARY: Prepare education department for upcoming educational programs; present educational programs to groups of all ages; assist with development and research for projects and programs assigned to the education department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Prepare the department for educational programs including, monitoring the department Google calendar for upcoming programs, consulting with the Education Director regarding any special needs for programs, acquiring and positioning all program materials, ensuring programs are properly staffed.
- Present department programs as required.
- Conduct operations of the Museum’s Children’s Discovery Depot and any educational programs within that building.
- Conduct internal and external post-program follow-up.
- Assist with development/research for special annual programs including preparation of program materials (notes, handouts, audio/visual material, physical objects).
- Communicate with educators and book programs.
- Train and maintain certification to conduct and engineer Museum’s train.
- Complete research or other necessary work relating to Museum exhibit projects.
- Supervise, maintain, and conduct programs within the Children’s Discovery Depot.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment
- Personal computers and various printers
- A/V equipment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s from an accredited university or college in Education, American History, or Museum Studies, plus three (3) years of relevant experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
Position open until Friday, December 8, 2017.
Resumes may be emailed to Bob Lettenberger, Director of Education, at email@example.com or via mail to:
National Railroad Museum
2285 S Broadway
Green Bay, WI 54304