A new position of Weekend and Events Custodian has become available! This is a part-time position working 16 hours per week.
Maintains the cleanliness of the Museum buildings and grounds; assists with set-up, take-down and cleanliness of the site during both public and private events as assigned; assist in monitoring rental events; provides part-time coverage during weekends and evenings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Clean all Museum buildings, as outlined in the cleaning protocol forms.
- Set-up and remove furniture for special events.
- Assist staff in charge with any needs during special events.
- Remove snow and ice from building walkways, steps, and parking areas.
- Remove trash in exterior and interior trash receptacles.
- Clean train cars under the director of the operations manager/curator.
- Provides security for Museum collections and patrons.
- Provides department coverage at events under the direction of the Events Coordinator.
- Acts as liaison between event patrons, vendors and Museum staff to ensure all aspects of a private event runs smoothly.
- Develops and provides prompt and effective solutions for patrons during events.
- Close and secure Museum buildings and grounds after hours and events.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma; knowledge of safe use of cleaning chemicals; knowledge of safe food handling.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to lift 50 pounds with the assistance of another person. Ability to push or pull 100 pounds with the assistance of another person.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with the assistance of another person. Ability to push or pull 100 pounds with the assistance of another person.
- Frequent standing, walking, and sitting; occasional driving.
- Must be capable of using hand(s)/feet for repetitive single grasping, fine manipulation, and pushing and pulling.
- Ability to communicate orally in a clear and professional manner.
- Ability to distinguish sounds at various frequencies and volumes.
- Ability to distinguish people or objects at varying distances under a variety of light conditions.
- Ability to withstand temperature changes in the work environment.
- Ability to use various chemicals for cleaning.
- Ability to distinguish shades of color.
- Must be able to climb a six-foot ladder.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required; any that facilitates the work described above is a plus. This description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.
Position open until filled. Resumes may be emailed to Dan Liedtke at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at:
National Railroad Museum
2285 S Broadway
Green Bay, WI 54304