If you’re looking for a great Green Bay summer camp, register your kids for day camp at the Train Museum! Kids will do crafts, learn about trains, and build a toy train layout.
Thomas the Tank Engine™ is at the National Railroad Museum from June 12-16, 2019!
As the largest fundraiser for the Museum, Day Out With Thomas™ is an annual event that offers children and their families the unique opportunity to take a ride with Thomas, the No. 1 blue engine, and enjoy a day of fun filled Thomas & Friends™ themed activities. Meet Sir Topham Hatt, the Controller of the Railway, and enjoy crafts, story telling, videos, train play tables, coloring, temporary tattoos, entertainment provided by Big & Tall, and Barely Balance, food, and much more!
Join us for a train ride behind Thomas, departing every 45 minutes, rain or shine. Departure times begin at 9 AM through 4:45 PM each day of the event. Tickets for Day Out With Thomas are $20 for ages two and up.
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased online via TicketWeb or by calling 866.468.7630.
- Boarding begins the Children’s Discovery Depot approximately 15 minutes prior to ticketed departure time.
- Train rides are approximately 25 minutes long
- Event is rain or shine. No refunds for missed trains.
- Children under the age 2 years-old may ride for free, however they must ride in the lap of a parent/guardian. Children may not ride in strollers or car seats while the train is in motion.
- Trains will depart on time and cannot delay departure for late arrivals
Be sure to arrive 1 hour prior to your departure time to allow time for parking and to get in the line.
Misc. Event Details:
- Event ground hours are 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- No outside food or drink is allowed on the trains
- Infant formula/food and diaper bags are allowed
- Kid-friendly food concessions are available on event grounds (see list below for vendors)
- The event runs rain or shine. Refunds are not issued for any reason.
All tickets purchased are non-refundable. Missed trains will not be refunded.
Food & Beverage:
- Dog House
- Dos Chiles
- Kona Ice
- Carnival Time Kettle Corn
- The Dough Shoppe
- Gourmet Corn – The ‘Better than Butter’ Corn
- Operation Lifesaver & Little Obie
- Imagination Station
- Temporary Tattoos
- Wooden Railway Play Tables
- Big Boy Beanbag Toss
- Giant Sandbox
- Bounce House
- Obstacle Course
- and more!
Book with Aloft Green Bay and receive a special group rate for Day Out With Thomas™! Every child also receives an exclusive Track Snack Pack upon check in.
Parking is in the Younkers wing of Bay Park Square Mall.
From the North: Follow I-41 south to Exit 164 S. Oneida Street. Turn Left onto Oneida Street. Continue on South Oneida to your destination. Your destination is on the right.
From the South: Follow I-41 North to Exit 164 N. Oneida Street. Turn Right onto Oneida Street. Continue on South Oneida. Your destination is on the right.
From East: Follow I-43 N to 172 W. Take the exit toward WI-32/Oneida St./Ashland Ave. Continue on Pilgrim Way to your destination.
Using GPS: 101 Bay Park Square, Green Bay, WI 54304