If you’re looking for a great Green Bay summer camp, register your kids for day camp at the Train Museum! Kids will do crafts, learn about trains, and build a toy train layout.
Thomas the Tank Engine™ is at the National Railroad Museum from June 12-16, 2019!
As the largest fundraiser for the Museum, Day Out With Thomas™ is an annual event that offers children and their families the unique opportunity to take a ride with Thomas, the No. 1 blue engine, and enjoy a day of fun filled Thomas & Friends™ themed activities. Meet Sir Topham Hatt, the Controller of the Railway, and enjoy crafts, story telling, videos, train play tables, coloring, temporary tattoos, entertainment provided by Big & Tall, and Barely Balance, food, and much more!
Join us for a train ride behind Thomas, departing every 45 minutes, rain or shine. Departure times begin at 9 AM through 4:45 PM each day of the event. Tickets for Day Out With Thomas are $20 for ages two and up.
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased online via TicketWeb or by calling 866.468.7630.
- Boarding begins the Children’s Discovery Depot approximately 15 minutes prior to ticketed departure time.
- Train rides are approximately 25 minutes long
- Event is rain or shine. No refunds for missed trains.
- Children under the age 2 years-old may ride for free, however they must ride in the lap of a parent/guardian. Children may not ride in strollers or car seats while the train is in motion.
- Trains will depart on time and cannot delay departure for late arrivals
Be sure to arrive 1 hour prior to your departure time to allow time for parking and to get in the line.
Misc. Event Details:
- Event ground hours are 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- No outside food or drink is allowed on the trains
- Infant formula/food and diaper bags are allowed
- Kid-friendly food concessions are available on event grounds (see list below for vendors)
- The event runs rain or shine. Refunds are not issued for any reason.
All tickets purchased are non-refundable. Missed trains will not be refunded.
Food & Beverage:
- Dog House
- Dos Chiles
- Kona Ice
- Carnival Time Kettle Corn
- The Dough Shoppe
- Gourmet Corn – The ‘Better than Butter’ Corn
- Snack Shack operated by Boy Scouts of America (BSA)
- Operation Lifesaver & Little Obie
- Imagination Station
- Temporary Tattoos
- Wooden Railway Play Tables
- Big Boy Beanbag Toss
- Giant Sandbox
- Bounce House
- Obstacle Course
- and more!
Book with Aloft Green Bay and receive a special group rate for Day Out With Thomas™! Every child also receives an exclusive Track Snack Pack upon check in.
Parking is in the Bay Park Square Mall at the corner of Oneida and Pilgrim Way.
From the North: Follow I-41 south to Exit 164 S. Oneida Street. Turn Left onto Oneida Street. Continue on South Oneida to your destination. Your destination is on the right.
From the South: Follow I-41 North to Exit 164 N. Oneida Street. Turn Right onto Oneida Street. Continue on South Oneida. Your destination is on the right.
From East: Follow I-43 N to 172 W. Take the exit toward WI-32/Oneida St./Ashland Ave. Continue on Pilgrim Way to your destination.
Using GPS: 101 Bay Park Square, Green Bay, WI 54304
Click here for the special Thomas FAQ page