Job Title: Custodian
Supervisor: Operations Manager
Maintains the cleanliness of the Museum buildings and grounds; assists with set-up, take-down and cleanliness of the site during both public and private events as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Clean all Museum buildings, as outlined in the cleaning protocol forms.
- Order cleaning supplies and implements.
- Assist development of departmental budget.
- Set-up and remove furniture for special events.
- Assist staff in charge with any needs during public and private events.
- Remove snow and ice from building walkways, steps, and parking areas.
- General grounds and lawn maintenance.
- Remove trash in exterior and interior trash receptacles.
- Clean train cars under the director of the operations manager/curator.
- Provides security for Museum collections and patrons.
- Close and secure Museum buildings and grounds after hours and events.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma; knowledge of safe use of cleaning chemicals; knowledge of safe food handling.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with the assistance of another person.
- Ability to push or pull 100 pounds with the assistance of another person.
- Frequent standing, walking and sitting; occasional driving.
- Must be capable of using hand(s)/feet for repetitive single grasping, fine manipulation and pushing and pulling.
- Ability to communicate orally in a clear and professional manner.
- Ability to distinguish sounds at various frequencies and volumes.
- Ability to distinguish people or objects at varied distances under a variety of light conditions.
- Ability to withstand temperature changes in the work environment.
- Ability to use various chemicals for cleaning.
- Ability to distinguish shades of color.
- Must be able to climb a six-foot ladder.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required; any that facilitates the work described above is a plus.
Position open until filled. Resumes may be emailed to Dan Liedtke at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to:
National Railroad Museum
2285 S Broadway
Green Bay, WI 54304