Tickets / Hours
Daily Admission Tickets
- $12: Adults and children ages 13 and older
- $10: Seniors ages 62 and older
- $8: Children ages 2-12
- Free: Children younger than age 2
- Free: Members
- Note: From November 17, 2022 through January 31, 2023, admission is $9 for adults, seniors and children (except members and children younger than age 2, who are free)
- Note: Admission costs vary on days of special events
Train Ride Tickets
- The train ride is $3, plus regular admission cost. Train rides are held daily May through September, and on weekends in October.
The National Railroad Museum is open year-round. Hours are as follows:
April through December
- Mondays through Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sundays: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please note that during days of the The Polar Express Train Ride event, the Museum typically closes one hour prior to the start of that day’s first show.
January through March
- Tuesdays through Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sundays: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Mondays: Closed
The Museum is closed on these holidays:
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve (closes at 2 p.m.)
- New Year’s Day